2FEB07

These were the most heart burn inducing comics. They work the best as a single square panel. The ideas came about because I was watching Tenchi anime, reading Tenchi manga, Tenchi fanfics, Tenchi this, Tenchi that, Tenchi, Tenchi, Tenchi. I went through almost the entire OVA series trying to find a scene of Washu's lab that was somewhat devoid of anybody walking around it. No such scene exits that I was able to find. The first one was easy to put together. It had Mihoshi on one side then the other, all I had to do was just copy/paste half of one scene over the other. The second one I had to edit Ryouko out. I should have just stuck with the first shot. It took sveral hours to even get it to look that nice. It is painfully obvious that it is badly stretched. I could not figure out how to place the speech boxes so they didn't cover up a character. Overall the jokes hold up if you have a near encyclopedic knowledge of Tenchi Muyo.

Info-Nugget: I just discovered a graphical error. The top comic was one pixel too long. The page the comic rests on is white so I did not notice it. When I put onto the blue background of the home page, it became painfully obvious.

Now for a bonus: The semi-original versions. Semi because there are parts I don't want you to see.

To me, this works better. I had done earlier comics that had a central panel with speech going on around it. I had yet to develop the speech box  that still in use to this day. It would be another year before I learned how to properly stretch/skew character models. A few days later I would find a character sheet of Washu so I would no longer have to edit her from Deccus's Warped Reality. I know it's my fault, but I don't know how Washu got so messed up.

I am starting to experiment with the speech which will eventually lead to a standard.

For some reason this wasn't good enough. I had to stretch it out to fit two panels. I just had spell out nineteen-thousand, nine-hundred, and eighty-years.