What the hell, let's finish what she started.

 

Wednesday, July 26th, 2006

Holy shit, how many days ago was that? But nevertheless, I TOLD YOU SO! He called back! I don’t think he was replying to the blog but to a message I had sent him telling him to get the comic off his server.

People, behold. Please rise up from your seat and appload the one you all wanted to see! JOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooOOOOOOOOE PULLIN!

I’m going to cut to the chase. In your rush to be offended by my using your comic on my site you over looked two very important pages. Here and Here. You also should check out this, this, and this.

<<There are two reasons why I posted other people's comics on my site. By posting the comic I'm talking about, it is easier to see what it is I'm talking about. Then there is the problem of dead links. Web sites disappear and rearrange all the time. By posting the material on my server, it will always be there for people to see. Let's not forget that she regularly posts other people's emails too.

 

 

I once said that web cartoonists that use sprites have no room cry about people stealing stuff. That applies to hand drawn as well. Have I or Capcom ever demanded you remove comics? Certainly not me. I do the same exact thing you do, use other people’s characters to make comics. I couldn’t begin to count the number of guess stars that were poorly drawn in my comic over the last twenty years. Dr. Wily’s robot masters among them.

There is a lot about computers I don’t know, but here’s something I do know: When browsing the Internet with Internet Explorer, all images viewed (unless otherwise designated) are automatically downloaded to the Temporary Internet Files folder on the C drive. I went to this folder and found your comics, transferred them to another on my hard drive. Later on choose Number 204 for obvious reasons to upload to the server I rent.

<<She accused me of downloading off of her server. I would like to know how that is possible considering I have yet to guess her passwords. I've already tried "ussername" and "password." Perhaps it's the same combination she uses on her luggage.

I’m not gonna type a special witty reply for this blog right now, cuz I spent lots of time writing an email back to him… But maybe on my lunchtime today. (Then again, finishing Mario and Luigi 2 is sorta better. I’ll see)

<<She's needs her beauty sleep. Really, really needs it.

Capcom doesn’t ask removal because it’s free publicity, dumbass. That said, you have no right to take other people’s work anyway.

<<So what exactly gives her special permission? Let me get this straight: me posting a comic that has not been altered in any way on my site is much worse than her taking graphics from video games ripping them apart and using them in a negative way?

I actually put decent work on my stuff, unlike that piece of shit comic you have.

<<What an unbiased opinion. Work that only a mother could love.

BTW, I’m a spriter. PROFESSIONAL spriter.

<<In all caps, must think herself important.

I work for a gaming company in Quebec City and I get a paycheck every two weeks for getting my ass to work.

<<Good for you, little mary sunshine. Unlike the other dozen billion lazy asses in this world.

That said, the sprites I make are not my intellectual property. They are my employer’s.

<<And we have irony. She allegedly gets paid to come up with allegedly original work, and yet doesn't put one drop of it into her own site.

Nevertheless, I can make good sprites and good work apart from bad ones. (EDIT FOR BLOG: Hey! I can use my job to sound important and knowledgeful! Sweet!)

<<These people wonder why they get labeled as elitist snobs? Just because you allegedly get paid for your work doesn't make you a professional. I point out Super Mario Land and Mega Man World 2. These were made by teams that had years of graphics and programming under their belt, yet made some rather disappointing games.

<<Where is this better than everybody else's work? She blubbers on and on about it, but shows not one example. Is it in another section? Why not do a side by side comparison? What is she afraid of? Her site, Only those who drink her kool-aide make comments. She'd win.

<<She should stick to playing video games.

Fuck… You suck so bad it’s awful! Like 99% of all the other sprite comicers out there that are just lazy asses that paste shit together and

<<Warped Reality, Umiliphus, Jail House Blues, Taco, Dysfunction, Eight Bit Theater, Shadey Theatre, Primer Chronicles, Quint, Mymadon, In Wily's Defense, I think that breaks the 1% threshold.

(EDIT FOR BLOG:…boy, look, it was very early morning when I wrote that. I forgot a spot here. And what?)

<<Bob and George. Out of at least a thousand, that should put it over the top.

Yea, I know my share of computers here. I happen to live in 2006. Everything you see on the net is downloaded to your internet cache. Does that give you the right to upload it somewhere? NO. That is STEALING OTHER PEOPLE’S WORK.

<<Buttons to push: point out hypocrisy. Say something is more important than her. Tell the truth. Throw her attitude back at her. Use big words, like "not." The best: talk about something she should know, and doesn't.

<<She obviously didn't know about the internet cache folder. Which she is now covering up by lying about what I said, again. If you want, go back up and look. I never said the internet cache was why I was using her comic.

Sue the army! You are a PRIDE for your country!

<<She fell for it! And used the patriotism card to boot! Someone whom trashes her culture, trashes her state, and trashes her country throws down the patriotism card. I'm willing to bet that I have more Canadian  Currency than she has State Quarters. What do you expect, we get Shania Twain and Trish Stratus, and she gets Michael Moore.

<<By the way, for every French Soldier that died, ten nazis died. Me saying good things about the French: 1, Mickie: 0

Oh yea. The laughing cat. PURE! HUMORISTIC! GENIUS!

<<She fell for that too. She acts like I pointed a gun at her head and made her click on this stuff. I tired, but the cannon cockers said I needed at least an eight digit grid and all could get them at the time was the entire province of Quebec. At least now I got it narrowed down to Quebec City. I imagine Google Maps will locate all the video game companies.

<<What other button can I push? Hmmm... I CLEPed astronomy. Less than an hour, no money, got the credits.

 

Wednesday, July 26th, 2006

It was indeed a good wake-up call from my buddy Pullin!

<<I was just reading this airport bathroom wall and it said you're the one to call...

Sure, he had sent it at night, but being the good worker I am,

<<Really good at making sure we know all about it.

I get up pretty early in the morning. At 11:25, I was already headed for sleep. I very well remember I got off the computer at about that time yesterday.

<<Now I know when to set the virus loose.

But of course, I understand I’m in the disciplined minority. :P

<<A Frenchy in Quebec? Who'd a thunk it. Does she put that on her census form?

Speaking of discipline, Pullin sure seems to love talking about his military service… He mentions it in about every fucking email

<<She turned off the profanity filter.

 ... and it makes his e-penis feel strong and proud.

<<There's a Dan Quayle joke there. But that is so 80's.

He obviously hasn’t read this blog, because I do mention the disclaimers, and all his bullshit.

<<Is it just the least bit possible that people go to a site which allegedly is about a Megaman comic to read a Megaman comic?

Now he knows the existence of the post I created on the very day he sent me his first Readers’ Corner question about me hating my fans.

<<I found out about this blog my checking my hits logs. Unlike some people, I don't check it every fifteen minutes. Every few months is sufficient. I saw the URL and followed it to her site. Even then it took a while to find the actual blog about me.  And it took a while longer to figure out it was about me. You don't want to know how long it took to arrange this mess in a semi-cohesive form.

 Boy do I hate ya, assholes! You read my stuff! You like it! I HATE YOU!

Of course, Pullin reads it too and likes it.

<<Do I or do I not read it? Does anybody know? Help me out here. Could someone tell me if I read this stuff?

But the difference is pretty evident: you guys aren’t lame fucktards that masturbates themselves to every PERFECTLY NORMAL OCCURANCE OF THE EVERYDAY LIFE! Goddamn.

<<Wacking off is a perfectly normal everyday thing. She should try it, might relieve some of that stress.

Now if you read his 2nd paragraph, you can just FEEL the nonsense. Surely, linking to comic creators that allow you to use their works is a proof that YOU CAN TAKE ANYONE’S WORK! Meep. Wrong. Fucktard has a failing logic.

<<Now take you hand parallel to the floor, swipe it from the front of your head to the back of your head and make the sound of a car speeding by.

Think well, genius. First, the PVT murphy guy,

<<That's First Sergeant.

with that strip you linked to, gives PERMISSION to do so.

<<What the First Sergeant is talking about is simply what people have done throughout the ages and what people like Mickie can't seem to comprehend. As long AS you don't bundle them up into a book and resell them, or claim them as your own work. No problem.

Kitty Kaboom gives PERMISSION to take her sprites

<<Unlike some people who claim other's work as their own, Kitty Ka Boom came up with something original.

 And Blondie is a CLASSIC comic, if you drop the fact that it is craptacular and utterly boring, so of course no one will take offense in cameoing their characters!

<<I sense a touch of jealousy here. Unlike the web comic community, the syndicated comics is a a highly competitive cut throat business. Their livelihood depends on getting in as many papers as possible. Breaking into that business is next to impossible. First Sergeant has been trying to get his comic syndicated for about twenty years now. Despite all that, these real artist can put their differences, and syndicates, aside a truly momentous occasion. Riddle my this: How many web comics are going to be continuously produced up past the year 2075?

Who knows, the author might have asked PERMISSION to the other authors first! Not to mention the paper comic strips are maybe not all part of the same syndicate,

<<Is she so poor that she can't spend 25-50 cents on a local paper and read the funny section?

If you can’t add up one plus one, lemme do it for you: two of the three authors he pointed out allow the use of their material, to take their stuff. I DON’T. On the other hand, I welcome any linking.

<<She does? Is this Mickie three or Mickie seven talking?

As I mentioned, I had sent him a message nicely

<<I had an old diesel stove flame up into my face once. Took less time for my eyebrows to grow back from that.

asking him to remove the comic from his server, and instead link to my archive and give the number.

<<I really need to make it easier to find that links section from the front page.

DAMN! Looks like I can’t pimp some links off his AWESOME WEBSITE! (Which probably has lots of hits lately coming from www.stage-Select.com/blog. Here! Make him think he’s important! www.ravycomics.com! RAVY! COMICS! DOT! COM! CLICK AND GO SEE HIS AWESOME WORK!!! There. He should weed about 20 hits off that.)

<<Google. And don't you just love all this falsie modesty?

<<Now to review: my claim is that something she said in a comic is similar to something I said in a essay. She says:

I’m pretty damn sure at least a couple million people out there wrote the same simple conclusion before me.

<<AND

But the difference is pretty evident: you guys aren’t lame fucktards that masturbates themselves to every PERFECTLY NORMAL OCCURANCE OF THE EVERYDAY LIFE! Goddamn.

<<After all that were does she link to?

<<How many of you out there remember Nike's House? For those of you who don't: Nike's House was a Sonic fancomic staring echidnas. The guy that did it stole all the jokes from from an real idiot. Point being I never would have heard about it if Mickie had just kept her ass cheeks closed. Hell, if she had only left it in the blog section I still wouldn't have known anything about it. Probably the most interesting fact is despite the lack of quality source material for the writing, Nike's House actually had more original characters than Mickie's and her girlfriend's comics combined.

I guess I should mention that my good buddy, Donny, is linked on Joe’s website and has yet to see any clicks coming from there. Same for me. I should also mention that good ol’ Donny thinks you’re a shitbag, Joe. Same as me!

<<The lies just ooze from her keyboard. And what does Emo Poetry have to do with any of this? I do know that Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumber are not (there's that word again) shy about expressing their opinions. They never said anything to me. All I ever saw was Mickie constantly talking about her eboobs. I have dropped them from my links and quit reading because I got tired of the intolerance and hatred. They can't take criticisms and they can't seem to portray black people in a positive light.

<<By the way, notice how she failed to mention that I am also linked to Down Time?

As you can see, Don and I share a lot of opinions. That’s why another asshole that we’ll name AZUREMORON tried to rise a flamewar against us somewhere. A call to arms, he named that. But I’ll talk more about that in a next post. It happened long ago, long enough ago that I believe I can now be allowed to speak of it here.

<<Oy Vey. What does that got to do with anything? I must have touched a nerve If she held off  on that guy.

Of course, you know the classical answer to that… “YOU STEAL OFF CAPCOM!”. If I was to make profit off my website, yes… I would. But I don’t.

(And really people. Really. I have to repeat myself here. THANK YOU for the donations! Now it's up to a WHOPPING $304.54!)

It’s free publicity for the games.

<<Oh my God. Let me say that again: God. Let's take a look at some of this free publicity:

<<Oddly enough I can't find an instance of Roll giving a panty shot. Which is in a game.

<<I wonder, how many hits does Capcom get from staged select? Probably none considering that Mickie isn't even linked to Capcom. Yet she links to me. Skank you very much.

FANWORK is FREE PUBLICITY!

<<Probably the main reason why Capcom doesn't sue is because it would be bad publicity and it costs a lot of money. They would go bankrupt fast by trying to shut down all the fan sites. Imagine how much money Capcom lost sueing Data East. These companies do sue all the time. Try and find a Super Mario Bros rom download.

Nevermind that the people rip work of countless artists from the games! They are making a world of fun around Megaman! Of COURSE Capcom won’t stop them! But does that allow people to take fanwork someone else made?! NO! Because even though the author draws a character by a gaming company, it’s the PERSON’S WORK!

<<I don't think even Oscar used that line.

<<The old "I drew it I own it" routine. By the way, when I point out the phallusies in here. I'm not trying to educate Mickie. That's impossible. I can't compete with someone whom pulls crap from their ample backside and present it as fact. What I am hoping is to provide verifiable fact. One fact to behold: All the characters in the games were hand drawn before they even put in a game. Meaning, that unless you are licensed by Capcom to draw their characters, you can't legally do it. You can try and enforce a copyright on the words, that is unless you shot yourself in the foot and said that millions of other people have said the same thing, and provided a link to one of them. Don't forget the derivative works clause. Meaning, that Capcom can say that since WE ALL based our comics on their original material, they own them all.

I used my ink. My paper. My pencil!

<<Talk about paranoia. I stole her paper? Well, I did get a little drunk while visiting Canada. I do still have this vague memory of a bottle blonde with a big ass.

MY ARTSTYLE!

              

MY HEAD FOR THE STORY!

<<Oscar did use those lines.

To the very least, the only one that would be able to take the comic #204 without permission is MANEKO cuz he HELPED to it by asking a question! If I answered your question in a Readers’ Corner, take the comic, show it around if you want and say that it’s Michelle Rochon that made it!

<<That's IIIIIIIIris!

<<Question? Why the pseudonym? Why can't Mickie use her real name? Why doesn't she want her name associated with her "great" work? Why Iris? The plant? doubtful. A video game character? Probably. How about irony: a god?

Fanwork is intellectual property of the FUCKING. FAN. THAT. MADE. IT. ASK. PERMISSION!

<<KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNN!

Is that clearer now, asshole?

<<Let me go check that hole in the ground over there.

 

NEXT